Sunday 23 January 2011

"agile" versus "Agile"

I am a big fan of agile project management.
Scrum - or something very like it - is my default approach.
There can be huge benefit to eliminating waste.
eXtreme Programming, Test Driven Development and other development practices definitely have their place.

What I don't like, what I do not believe is ever the right or appropriate thing, is dogmatic adherence to any particular process, approach or manifesto.

In this blog, if I say "agile" with a lower-case "a" then I mean the good and valuable attribute of being able to react with agility. If I use the upper-case "A" - "Agile" - then I'm likely being ironic or scathing of the idiots who stick blindly to the words of the over-paid Agilista consultants, and are therefore anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment